Re: Plans for Vim 7.4

  • Charles Campbell
    Message 1 of 17 , May 9 8:44 AM
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Besides that, if you are maintaining runtime files, please send me any
      > pending updates. I will not make big changes just before the release,
      > everything needs some time for testing. Let's set a deadline at the end
      > of May.

      Hello, Bram!

      Just to let you know to expect another netrw release. I've got a final
      exam to give and grade over the next few days and then I've got some,
      hopefully small, work to do for netrw. I hope to have it done after
      Wednesday of next week.

      Regards,
      Chip Campbell

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 17 , May 9 8:50 AM
        Alice Wonder wrote:
        > On Thu, 2013-05-09 at 05:51 +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        >> Hello Vim users,
        >>
        >> We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
        >> don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
        >> Vim 7.4!
        > Forgive me if this is already addressed in a patch, I'm pretty much
        > running a virgin 7.3 - I was planning to look through the patches at
        > some point and make my own patch if I didn't find it.
        >
        > The color syntax for rpm spec files does not add color to the %check
        > part of a spec file. It should be colored the same way as %prep %build %
        > install %files etc. - my guess is a very easy thing to do.

        * Read the top of the spec syntax highlighting file in your
        /usr/local/vim/vim73/syntax/spec.vim .
        * Send a note to the maintainer.

        Regards,
        C Campbell

      • lith
        Message 3 of 17 , May 9 9:42 AM
          > I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

          Yes, please!!!!!

        • Andy Spencer
          Message 4 of 17 , May 9 10:00 PM
            On 2013-05-09 05:51, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > Hello Vim users,
            >
            > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
            > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
            > Vim 7.4!

            How about the gvim port to GTK 3? I'll see if I can get that working if
            there's a chance it'll be merged.

          • h_east
            Message 5 of 17 , May 10 2:18 AM
              Hi, Bram and list

              2013/5/9(Thu) 12:51:48 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
              > Hello Vim users,
              >
              > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
              >
              > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
              >
              > Vim 7.4!

              In recent years, the resolution of the display device is up. But the statusline of Vim will remains 1 line.
              So, I wrote multi-lined statusline patch.
              But it has not been completed. (80% complete)
              Patch:
              https://gist.github.com/h-east/3158492/raw/97f28a9db549e6ac1a33eb4b9903c24795c14d68/vim_multi_statusline.patch
              Specification:
              English (See the patch of runtime/doc/options.txt)
              Add 'statuslineheight' option. (global or local to window option)
              Add '@' item to 'statusline' option.
              Add has('multi_statusline') for Vim script
              Japanese
              https://github.com/vim-jp/issues/issues/225#issuecomment-8045983

              Remaining works:
              - Write more document for ':help'.
              - When global and local option mixed use, often crashes Vim.
              - <C-W>= is not equals window height.
              - Add more test.
              - Add feature to multi-lined tabline. (Optional)

              Are you getting interested?

              Best regards,
              Hirohito Higashi

            • h_east
              Message 6 of 17 , May 10 2:24 AM
                Ah, Sample screenshot attached.

                Best regards,
                Hirohito Higashi

              • Tim Gray
                Message 7 of 17 , May 10 5:44 AM
                  On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
                  >> I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.
                  >
                  >Yes, please!!!!!

                  I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

                • vicky b
                  Message 8 of 17 , May 10 6:10 AM
                    Something for Java ;)

                    On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 6:14 PM, Tim Gray <tgray@...> wrote:
                    On May 09, 2013 at 09:42 AM -0700, lith wrote:
                    I'd like to see the breakindent patch included.

                    Yes, please!!!!!

                    I would also like to see the breakindent path included.

                    Thanks & Regards
                     Vickyb

                  • Bram Moolenaar
                    Message 9 of 17 , May 21 4:05 AM
                      Ron Aaron wrote:

                      > I know it's late to vote, but some sort of sane 'gdb' integration would
                      > be supremely useful. I haven't found any packages for this that don't
                      > involve a lot of setup.

                      There are several implementations, including my own "Agide".
                      Pick one that is the best and improve it...
                      Most likely it won't require more than a few changes inside Vim itself.

                      --
                      Corn oil comes from corn and olive oil comes from olives, so where
                      does baby oil come from?

                    • Klaus Rudolph
                      Message 10 of 17 , May 21 4:45 AM

                        > Hello Vim users,
                        >
                        > We are now at patch level 7.3.931. In a few weeks we would reach 999. I
                        > don't want to find out what happens if we go over that, so it's time for
                        > Vim 7.4!
                        >
                        > The top five of the voting list:
                        > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/vote_results.php
                        >
                        > 1. add IDE features
                        > 2. add integration with Python instead of inventing more Vim script
                        > 3. fix all problems, big and small; make Vim more robust
                        > 4. improve syntax highlighting speed
                        > 5. add collaborative editing

                        BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                        Regards
                        Klaus

                      • ZyX
                        Message 11 of 17 , May 22 8:02 PM
                          > BTW: Is there any upcoming support for c++11 especially indent of c++11 files? Syntax highlighting can be done by external systax files but the indenting could not be modified by users.

                          Really? Check out :h 'indentexpr'. It could be modified, but you will either have to do some hacks relying on cindent() result or rewrite everything what is there in C code in other language.