Re: Feedback on color scheme

  • Marcin Szamotulski
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2013
      On 12:25 Mon 06 May , Gabor Urban wrote:
      > Hi,
      >
      > I have uploaded my color schame to the vim site, named dubs-scheme. You may
      > find it at the link: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4468
      >
      > I see that three users gave it a bad karma, but I would like to have some
      > feedback.
      >
      > I would like to now your oppinion about it, for I plan to do some changes
      > and improvements in the next future. I hope to make it before the summer
      > holidays. Should I start a discussion on vim wiki?
      >
      > Thanks for any information
      >
      > Gabor Urban
      >
      > --
      > Linux is like a wigwam: no Gates, no Windows and an Apache inside.

      > ---

      The small issue I had (on Linux) is that I had to change the line ending
      to unix style ones. Using unix file format for vim scripting (even on
      Windows) is to use Unix type new lines (checkout ':help script', and then
      search for fileformat; also ':help :source_crnl'). Running

      :e ff=unix

      solves the issue. The color schemes is a quite personal setting so
      don't worry about negative karma points too much. Colorscheme which
      I love the most is not that popular either. Your colorscheme supports
      only the default syntax, there are many other syntax groups defined by
      different filetypes which can make the user experience much nicer.

      Best regards,
      and have fun with Vim
      Marcin