Feedback on color scheme

  • Gabor Urban
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2013

      I have uploaded my color schame to the vim site, named dubs-scheme. You may find it at the link: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4468

      I see that three users gave it a bad karma, but I would like to have some feedback.

      I would like to now your oppinion about it, for I plan to do some changes and improvements in the next future. I hope to make it before the summer holidays. Should I start a discussion on vim wiki?

      Thanks for any information

      Gabor Urban

      --
      Linux is like a wigwam: no Gates, no Windows and an Apache inside.

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2013
        On 12:25 Mon 06 May , Gabor Urban wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I have uploaded my color schame to the vim site, named dubs-scheme. You may
        > find it at the link: http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=4468
        >
        > I see that three users gave it a bad karma, but I would like to have some
        > feedback.
        >
        > I would like to now your oppinion about it, for I plan to do some changes
        > and improvements in the next future. I hope to make it before the summer
        > holidays. Should I start a discussion on vim wiki?
        >
        > Thanks for any information
        >
        > Gabor Urban
        >
        > --
        > Linux is like a wigwam: no Gates, no Windows and an Apache inside.

        > ---

        The small issue I had (on Linux) is that I had to change the line ending
        to unix style ones. Using unix file format for vim scripting (even on
        Windows) is to use Unix type new lines (checkout ':help script', and then
        search for fileformat; also ':help :source_crnl'). Running

        :e ff=unix

        solves the issue. The color schemes is a quite personal setting so
        don't worry about negative karma points too much. Colorscheme which
        I love the most is not that popular either. Your colorscheme supports
        only the default syntax, there are many other syntax groups defined by
        different filetypes which can make the user experience much nicer.

        Best regards,
        and have fun with Vim
        Marcin