Re: Code Coverage tools integration

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2013
      On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Gautier DI FOLCO <gautier.difolco@...> wrote:
      Hi all,

      I need to integrate a Code Coverage tool in ViM for C code, I have founded gcov and a demo on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aI3DOwqSQI
      It seems to work pretty well but I can't find the plugin used.

      Have you got an idea where can I find it or a link to a better/equivalent plugin?

      For your help,
      Thanks by advance.

           If I Google for "gocv.vim" then this comes up:  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2118 .  Is that what you want?

      HTH  --Benji Fisher

    • Gautier DI FOLCO
      Message 2 of 4 , May 3, 2013

        2013/5/2 Benji Fisher <benji@...>
        On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Gautier DI FOLCO <gautier.difolco@...> wrote:
        Hi all,

        I need to integrate a Code Coverage tool in ViM for C code, I have founded gcov and a demo on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aI3DOwqSQI
        It seems to work pretty well but I can't find the plugin used.

        Have you got an idea where can I find it or a link to a better/equivalent plugin?

        For your help,
        Thanks by advance.

             If I Google for "gocv.vim" then this comes up:  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2118 .  Is that what you want?

        I had founded this plugin, but it is pretty unusable (it forces to keep two windows open).
        Do you use another tool more integrated to vim?

      • Gautier DI FOLCO
        Message 3 of 4 , May 17, 2013
          2013/5/3 Gautier DI FOLCO <gautier.difolco@...>

          2013/5/2 Benji Fisher <benji@...>
          On Thu, May 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM, Gautier DI FOLCO <gautier.difolco@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          I need to integrate a Code Coverage tool in ViM for C code, I have founded gcov and a demo on Youtube : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5aI3DOwqSQI
          It seems to work pretty well but I can't find the plugin used.

          Have you got an idea where can I find it or a link to a better/equivalent plugin?

          For your help,
          Thanks by advance.

               If I Google for "gocv.vim" then this comes up:  http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2118 .  Is that what you want?

          I had founded this plugin, but it is pretty unusable (it forces to keep two windows open).
          Do you use another tool more integrated to vim?

          Hi all, I have wrote a piece of code (let's call it vcov.vim) which fits my needs:

          function! Setcov(filename)
              exe ":sign unplace *"
              for line in readfile(a:filename)
                  let d = split(line, ':')
                  let c = substitute(d[0], " *", "", "")
                  let l = substitute(d[1], " *", "", "")
                      exe ":sign define c" . c . " text=" . c . ""
                      exe ":sign place " . l . " line=" . l . " name=c" . c . " file=" . expand("%:p")
                  elseif c =~ '#'
                      exe ":sign define cd text=#"
                      exe ":sign place " . l . " line=" . l . " name=cd file=" . expand("%:p")
                  endif
              endfor
          endfunction

          Happy testing!