head blank selected

  • shada
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2013
      1.Move the cursor to the end of the line
      2.Press shift + Home

      head blank selected, i don't want select head blank, how should i do?

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2013
        Hi shada!

        On Mi, 01 Mai 2013, shada wrote:

        > 1.Move the cursor to the end of the line
        > 2.Press shift + Home
        >
        > head blank selected, i don't want select head blank, how should i do?

        Excuse me, but what is head blank selection?

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Arbeiter arbeiten hart. Mein Geld auch. Sogar härter, als mancher Arbeiter.

      • Chris Lott
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2013
          On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 6:17 PM, shada <laf163@...> wrote:
          > 1.Move the cursor to the end of the line
          > 2.Press shift + Home
          >
          > head blank selected, i don't want select head blank, how should i do?

          If I understand correctly, you have spaces at the beginning of the
          line but want to select only to the first non-space character?

          You could use v^ to select rather than the shift+home. Or look at one
          of the "smart home" scripts to change the behavior:
          http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Smart_home

          Does that help?

          Chris Lott <chris@...>

        • shada
          Message 4 of 4 , May 3, 2013
            Chris Lott, you have help me solved this problem.
            thank you.