Re: outlookvim

  • huubby zhou
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30 8:42 PM
      Maybe, I never check this. How can I check this and avoid the error?

      On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 8:51 PM, David Fishburn <dfishburn.vim@...> wrote:

      On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM, huubby zhou <huubby1@...> wrote:
      I have this same issue occasionally, only my error is, "Could not create email
      file [C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\Temp\rad1F419.outlook] Invalid procedure call
      or argument". Don't know if it's related with email content, since it appears
      for some email, meantime, other emails are fine.

      Is there a chance you have unicode characters within your email body?

      David

    • Paul
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2013

        My very non-tech way is to eyeball the document looking for any characters that are not in character encoding (e,g. Latin characters--a-z, A-Z, 0-9, space, or punctuation). So if you receive such emails let’s say with foreign language content, as I do, or other symbols, it’s likely unicode because many foreign language characters require more binary code to produce than ascii can provide. This eye ball guessing works to some degree because there are only about 128 ascii characters and the above = the majority of them. However, this is by far only guess work because, if I understand it correctly, all characters can be in unicode. I’m basing this on my moderate understanding of sql where all string data types can be written as Unicode --nchar, nvarchare. I hope this helps a little.