Re: c_no_curly_error doesn't seem to work with nested braces

  • William Budd
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29 6:18 PM
      > Hi! The following example contains a valid C99 (and C11) compound literal:
      >
      > post(
      > letter,
      > &(struct envelope){
      > .stamp = {
      > .value = ONE_CENT,
      > .pic = RAT
      > },
      > .address = &address
      > }
      > );
      >
      > Yet even after setting "let c_no_curly_error = 1", the last closing
      > parenthesis remains highlighted in red as if it were an error.
      >
      > However, if I remove the ".stamp = { ... }" struct member, the
      > highlight disappears, so it seems to me that c_no_curly_error can only
      > ignore un-nested pairs of braces within any given pair of parentheses.
      >
      > Can this be fixed and/or is there a workaround? I wouldn't mind
      > disabling parentheses-related error checking all together, should that
      > be what it takes.

      Sending this to vim-dev since I got no reply on the vim user list, and
      because I guess it's fair to call the above a bug (vim 7.3.875).

      I considered sending a patch of syntax/c.vim, but given that file's
      complexity, chances are I'd end up breaking something without even
      noticing. Would be happy if a dev could take a look.

      Thanks,
      Will