Re: Problems with MySQL server on script page (vim.org)

  • Benjamin R. Haskell
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2013
      On Mon, 29 Apr 2013, Kristofer Rye wrote:

      > Trying to view a script here:
      > (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=231)

      Script is mirrored at:
      https://github.com/vim-scripts/Smart-Tabs

      To find what script it was, I googled:
      site:vim.org inurl:231

      > And it yields a "Vim Online Error":
      > script:Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
      > '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
      >
      > Currently this script is important for me to continue writing code, so
      > I'm forced to switch to emacs until this problem gets resolved. D:

      If it's that essential, maybe you should grab a copy and put it in git
      or mercurial.

      --
      Best,
      Ben

    • John Beckett
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2013
        John Beckett wrote:
        > I see that http://www.vim.org/ has this message:
        >
        > [29-Apr-2013] Sourceforge is currently experiencing sporadic
        > problems with their project database and web server. This
        > means news, scripts and tips are currently unavailable.
        > Thank you for your patience. (Scott Johnston)
        > Another way to get to the scripts is through git on github.

        I've had time to check this a bit more, and I see that the above
        is built-in to the PHP code, so we are on our own.
        (I had imagined that a reference to "github" could not be in the
        fairly old vim.org code, but I'm misremembering history.)

        Amusingly, the first Google hit I got was Vimboss (Bram)
        reporting a similar problem in February 2011:
        http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/ticket/17514

        I'll have a bit of a look at what config needs to be changed,
        but I'm hoping Bram will see this and know where to hit it.
        My feeble attempts at navigating Sourceforge show no mention of
        SQL changes.

        John