Omni completion (^O^N^P) Pattern not found

  • rlewis
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 27, 2013
      I recently install javacomplete[1] and easytags[2]. Its structure is as below. However, when trying completion by pressing ctrl+x ctrl+o, message bar display

      Omni completion (^O^N^P) Pattern not found

      If removing easytags, then javacomplete plugin works again. How to fix this problem? Or any other alternative suggestion?

      Thanks

      javacomplete version is 0.77.1.2
      easytags version should be 3.1.5

      autoload:
      javacomplete.vim java_parser.vim nerdtree.vim Reflection.class Reflection.java xolox

      doc:
      easytags.txt javacomplete.txt NERD_tree.txt tags

      lib:
      nerdtree

      misc:
      easytags

      nerdtree_plugin:
      exec_menuitem.vim fs_menu.vim

      plugin:
      easytags.vim NERD_tree.vim

      syntax:
      nerdtree.vim

      [1]. http://vim.sourceforge.net/scripts/script.php?script_id=1785
      [2]. http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=3114

    • Dirk Wallenstein
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 27, 2013
        Does easytag install its own omnifunc?  What does ':set omnifunc?' say with and without easytags?

        On Sat, Apr 27, 2013 at 5:52 PM, rlewis <rlewis1554@...> wrote:
[...]

        Grüße,
          Dirk

      • Asis Hallab
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013
          Dear Riewis,

          this might be a workaround:

          I use Indexer to automatically update my tag files every time I save a code file. I find it very useful, because you don't have to manually invoke the tag update. Give it a try.

          Cheers!

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 28, 2013
            In vim, typing ':set omnifunc' returns

            omnifunc=javacomplete#Complete

            with easytags; without easytags it still shows

            omnifunc=javacomplete#Complete

            For configuring indexer plugin, is the file .indexer_files with content as below correct?

            .indexer_files
            [PROJECTS_PARENT]
            option:ctags_params="--language-force=java"

            /path/to/vim-plugin-test

            The structure of the project (in vim-plugin-test) looks like

            pom.xml src .indexer_files target

            With above structure, opening the file e.g.
            vi src/main/java/com/company/app/Test.java

            Then at the point of the function e.g. abc(), pressing ctrl+] vim throws

            E426: tag not found

            tags is set with

            :set tags=/path/to/tags

            What steps may be missing?

            Thanks

            rlewis於 2013年4月27日星期六UTC+8下午11時52分40秒寫道:

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 30, 2013
              Ok. Get Indexer working now, but not with javacomplete. Same problem (E426: Pattern not found) when activating javacomplete with easytages/ indexer.

              Indexer will function with following steps:

              1. copy all files to ~/.vim (including dependencies like vimprj and DfrankUtil)

              2. edit ~/.indexer_files with following content (content varies with corresponded user project)

              [vim-plugin-test]
              option:ctags_params = "--language-force=<language-name>"
              /path/to/vim-plugin-test

              Thanks for help.