[linux] gettext vim.mo locale files

  • Alice Wonder
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 25 4:23 PM
      Hello list,

      Attempting to get a sane build of vim73 but it is putting the vim.mo
      files into /usr/share/vim/vim73/lang instead of /usr/share/locale where
      they probably belong

      I tried the configure switch --localedir=/usr/share/locale but that
      doesn't seem to have any effect and that actually looks like the default
      in the Makefile anyway, so I'm guessing it is a bug somewhere in the
      install target to make but I can't find it.

      The only other configure switch I am using is --enable-multibyte (and
      the standard --prefix and --bindir switches)

      No patches to vim, no X11 support, it's x86_64 build of Linux From
      Scratch. But I also tried in Fedora 18 and same thing happens so it if
      it is caused by something broken in my tool chain, it's broken in a
      major distribution too.

      Thanks for any suggestions.