Re: syntax.vim: filetypedetect BufRead

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2013
      On 21/04/13 18:37, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > On Sunday, April 21, 2013 7:02:13 AM UTC-5, xeon123 wrote:
      >> I found my problem.
      >>

      >> In my case I have declared wrong in the runtimepath in my ~/.vimrc "/usr/share/vim/vim72", and it must be "/usr/share/vim/vim73". After this change it works fine.
      >>

      >> Check you ":set runtimepath" directories to see if they are correct.
      >>

      > I never set my runtimepath manually.
      >
      > Why do you need to?
      >
      > I note that mine is set (by default) to include /usr/local/share/vim/vim73 but not /usr/share/vim/vim73.

      When you compile Vim yourself on Unix-like systems, it will normally
      install under /usr/local/:

      executable in /usr/local/bin/
      runtime files (for Vim 7.3) in /usr/local/share/vim/vim73/
      system vimrc (not always present) is looked for at /usr/local/vim/vimrc
      etc.

      When you get a Vim package from a Linux distro, the paths are different:

      executable in /usr/bin/
      runtime files (for Vim 7.3) in /usr/share/vim/vim/73/
      system vimrc (not always present) is looked for at (e.g.) /etc/vimrc
      etc.

      This avoids conflicts if you have both; and, since /usr/local/bin comes
      before /usr/bin in the $PATH, invoking vim without a path will get you
      the one you compiled yourself.

      Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!