Re: Vim freezes with 100% cpu usage on exit

  • Thiago Padilha
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 21, 2013
      Here's what I have in my vimrc to workaround these x11 issues(adjust the mappings to your likings):

      function! X11Yank()
        call system('xclip -i -selection clipboard', @t)
      endfunction
      function! X11Paste()
        let @t = system('xclip -o -selection clipboard')
      endfunction

      vnoremap <silent> <a-y> "ty:call X11Yank()<cr>
      vnoremap <silent> <a-d> "td:call X11Yank()<cr>
      nnoremap <silent> <a-p> :call X11Paste()<cr>"tp
      vnoremap <silent> <a-p> d:call X11Paste()<cr>h"tp

      On Sat, Apr 20, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Yegappan Lakshmanan <yegappanl@...> wrote:
      Hi,

      I also saw Vim hang sometimes when selecting a large amount of text (see the
      Vim crash issue I reported last week).

      The traceback of the hung Vim is similar to the traceback you are seeing.
      It looks like the X11 clipboard interaction has a problem. I am not familiar with
      the X11 clipboard handling code. So I am not able to make any progress
      in finding a fix for this crash/hang problem.

      - Yegappan