how to search with cscope ignoring case?

  • Issac Liao
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 18 10:56 PM
      Hi:

        recently I fall in love with cscope in vim.
        this feature is awesome.
        but then I found that I could not search text ignoring letter case.

        eg.
        I type :cs f t logdisplayer
        vim will fail to find LogDisplayer.

        this has been really frustrating.
        so I look up the manual and search through the internet.
        but I can not find a way to fix my problem.

        I use cscope -CRbq to build the database for cscope as suggested.(-C will enable searching case-insensitive)
        but obviously vim does not work with that.

        I tried :cs add cscope.out -C  too . It doesn't work.

        so I wonder is there a way to make  :cs find  searching ignoring case?

        thank you in advance. :)

    • tooth pik
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 19 8:28 AM
        On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 01:56:16PM +0800, Issac Liao wrote:
        > Hi:

        > recently I fall in love with cscope in vim.
        > this feature is awesome.
        > but then I found that I could not search text ignoring letter case.

        > eg.
        > I type :cs f t logdisplayer
        > vim will fail to find LogDisplayer.

        > this has been really frustrating.
        > so I look up the manual and search through the internet.
        > but I can not find a way to fix my problem.

        > I use cscope -CRbq to build the database for cscope as suggested.(-C will
        > enable searching case-insensitive)
        > but obviously vim does not work with that.

        > I tried :cs add cscope.out -C too . It doesn't work.

        > so I wonder is there a way to make :cs find searching ignoring case?

        what happens when you

        :set ignorecase

        ?