Skip to search.

Argument List question

  • Jeff Lanzarotta
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
      Hi,

      I have a question about the argument list. What commands would clear or
      change the argument list other than the typical :arg related commands
      like :argadd, :argdelete, etc.

      The reason for asking is that it has been brought to my attention that
      my plugin, BufExplorer, is messing with the argument list. When
      BufExplorer is activated, the argument list is clear and replaced with
      '[BufExplorer]'. I am not sure where to look for as to why this is
      happening.

      Thanks,

      Jeff

    • Jürgen Krämer
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
        Hi,

        Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:

        > I have a question about the argument list. What commands would clear or
        > change the argument list other than the typical :arg related commands
        > like :argadd, :argdelete, etc.
        >
        > The reason for asking is that it has been brought to my attention that
        > my plugin, BufExplorer, is messing with the argument list. When
        > BufExplorer is activated, the argument list is clear and replaced with
        > '[BufExplorer]'. I am not sure where to look for as to why this is
        > happening.

        :next file

        will replace the argument list with '[file]'.

        Regards,
        Jürgen

      • Jeff
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
          Thanks Jürgen. As far as I can tell though, I am not using :next or any
          related command :(

          On 4/10/2013 9:53 AM, Jürgen Krämer wrote:
          > Hi,
          >
          > Jeff Lanzarotta wrote:
          >> I have a question about the argument list. What commands would clear or
          >> change the argument list other than the typical :arg related commands
          >> like :argadd, :argdelete, etc.
          >>
          >> The reason for asking is that it has been brought to my attention that
          >> my plugin, BufExplorer, is messing with the argument list. When
          >> BufExplorer is activated, the argument list is clear and replaced with
          >> '[BufExplorer]'. I am not sure where to look for as to why this is
          >> happening.
          > :next file
          >
          > will replace the argument list with '[file]'.
          >
          > Regards,
          > Jürgen

        • Jürgen Krämer
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
            Hi,

            Jeff wrote:
            > Thanks Jürgen. As far as I can tell though, I am not using :next or any
            > related command :(

            it seems that :drop also replaces the argument list.

            Regards,
            Jürgen

          • Jeff
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 10, 2013
              Hum... That might just be the culprit... I will investigate...

              Regards,
              Jeff