Learn Vimscript the Hardway

  • Phil Dobbin
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
      Hi, all.

      My hard copy paperback of Steve Losh's 'Learn Vimscript the Hardway'
      arrived yesterday & I thought I let everybody know it's out.

      As can be judged by the title, it's about the only book I know of that
      attempts to teach Vimscript & it looks pretty good (disclaimer: I know
      next to nothing about Vimscript. At the moment).

      It's available at:

      <http://learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/>

      It comes in ebook (PDF, epub, mobi) versions, hardcopy paperback &
      hardcover also. It's also freely available online.

      I should mention that I have no affiliation with Mr Losh (apart from
      following him on GitHub) & my only purpose is to pass this on to anybody
      who may be curious, like me, about the dark arts of Vimscript ;-)

      Cheers,

      Phil...

    • John Little
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
        Why not use the easy way...

        :help

        ;) Regards, John Little

      • Ping
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 10, 2013
          agree,very good book!

          On Apr 10, 2013, at 5:57 AM, Phil Dobbin <phildobbin@...> wrote:

          > Hi, all.
          >
          > My hard copy paperback of Steve Losh's 'Learn Vimscript the Hardway'
          > arrived yesterday & I thought I let everybody know it's out.
          >
          > As can be judged by the title, it's about the only book I know of that
          > attempts to teach Vimscript & it looks pretty good (disclaimer: I know
          > next to nothing about Vimscript. At the moment).
          >
          > It's available at:
          >
          > <http://learnvimscriptthehardway.stevelosh.com/>
          >
          > It comes in ebook (PDF, epub, mobi) versions, hardcopy paperback &
          > hardcover also. It's also freely available online.
          >
          > I should mention that I have no affiliation with Mr Losh (apart from
          > following him on GitHub) & my only purpose is to pass this on to anybody
          > who may be curious, like me, about the dark arts of Vimscript ;-)
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Phil...

          > ---

        • Some Developer
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 14, 2013
            This is on my reading list. I've been wanting to make a couple of Vim plugins and this might just be what I need to get started.

            Thanks for the heads up.