Re: Forcing myself to learn vim properly

  • lordkrandel
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 10, 2013
      On 08/04/2013 16:49, Marc Weber wrote:
      > :h motion.txt will tell you many ways and there are some more useful
      > plugins.

      I agree. Vim allows motion in several ways, and there is no "right" way
      to do things.
      You can move the cursor down with any of the following and more:
      single line: j
      several lines: 4j
      page: ^f
      half page: ^d
      words: 6w
      paragraphs: 3(
      absolute line number: :34
      relative line number: :-3
      search: /regex
      file percentage: 50%

      If I have to browse documentation, I really like to have <Space> act as
      <PgDn>
      just like browsers and "man" do, because the spacebar is such a
      comfortable key.

      --
      Wyrmskull