Re: Can I control the order of files, then concat into a file

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
      On Tuesday, April 9, 2013 6:46:50 PM UTC-5, russur wrote:

      > For this particular document(s) i might have to create, is there a way to choose the order of the files in the given directory, and have them load, in that order, into a single file.
      >

      > The order is probably going to be specific to what my users want, and not sorted by any manner.
      >

      > Can anyone suggest the best way to do this in Vim?

      Your solution for all the files in a directory used the arglist. I presume you opened them all with a wildcard.

      If you want to specify an order, don't use a wildcard, just list them out in the order you want. You could even add more after creating the arglist with the :argadd command.

    • Shlomi Fish
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 9, 2013
        Hi Russ,

        please don't start a new thread by replying to an existing message. Instead,
        write a new message to vim_use@... . I could tell that was the
        case here by my mailer's threading capabilities.

        Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

        On Tue, 09 Apr 2013 18:46:50 -0500
        Russell Urquhart <russurquhart1@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        >
        > This comes on the heels of Taylor helping me to remember how to bring all the
        > files in a given directory into a single file in Vim.
        [SNIPPED]

      • Russell Urquhart
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 10, 2013
          We'll do, sorry about that!