Re: erroformat, unknown option

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
      On 2013-04-08, FlashBurn wrote:

      > Gary,
      >
      > You were right. I needed to eliminate the spaces. But then I also
      > needed to to the following
      >
      > execute 'CompilerSet errorformat='.escape(s:myerrorformat,'",\'),
      > i.e I needed to escape comma, quotation mark, and backslash. I
      > can't quite to figure out why, does anybody have any ideas?

      The comma is the separator between entries of the 'errorformat'.
      Therefore, any comma within an 'errorformat' entry must be
      escaped.

      In the context of a :set command, a quotation mark starts a comment,
      so a quotation mark that is part of the :set command must be
      escaped.

      The backslash is the escape character, so to include a literal
      escape in just about any context in Vim, it must be escaped.

      See
      :help efm-entries
      :help option-backslash

      Regards,
      Gary

    • FlashBurn
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 8, 2013
        On Monday, April 8, 2013 11:09:55 AM UTC-4, Gary Johnson wrote:
        > On 2013-04-08, FlashBurn wrote:
        >

        > > Gary,
        >

        > > You were right. I needed to eliminate the spaces. But then I also
        >
        > > needed to to the following
        >

        > > execute 'CompilerSet errorformat='.escape(s:myerrorformat,'",\'),
        >
        > > i.e I needed to escape comma, quotation mark, and backslash. I
        >
        > > can't quite to figure out why, does anybody have any ideas?
        >

        > The comma is the separator between entries of the 'errorformat'.
        >
        > Therefore, any comma within an 'errorformat' entry must be
        >
        > escaped.
        >

        > In the context of a :set command, a quotation mark starts a comment,
        >
        > so a quotation mark that is part of the :set command must be
        >
        > escaped.
        >

        > The backslash is the escape character, so to include a literal
        >
        > escape in just about any context in Vim, it must be escaped.
        >

        > See
        >
        > :help efm-entries
        >
        > :help option-backslash
        >

        > Regards,
        >
        > Gary

        Gary,

        Thanks for the help. I really appreciate it.