Re: Hidden buffers

  • LCD 47
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 7, 2013
      On 7 April 2013, Marcin Szamotulski <mszamot@...> wrote:
      [...]
> [...]

      [...]
      > The solution might be a loop over tabpages and checking if a buffer is
      > associated with one of them. The following function will test if
      > bufnr is associated with one of tabpages:
      >
      > fun! BufInTab(bufnr)
      > for tabnr in range(1,tabpaggenr('$'))
      > if index(tabpagebuflist(tabnr), a:bufnr) != -1
      > return 1
      > endfi
      > endfor
      > return 0
      > endfun

      Aha, this works fine, thank you!

      > If you just want to test if the buffer is not shown just in the current
      > tab page you can use winbufnr(), it return -1 if the buffer has not
      > associated window.

      This works too, using bufwinnr() (winbufnr() returns the buffer in
      window, bufwinnr() gets the window of the buffer). It's exactly what I
      need.

      On 7 April 2013, Gary Johnson <garyjohn@...> wrote:
      > How about using :redir to capture the output of :ls and parsing the
      > result?

      That was the last resort option, it's really ugly, and I'm glad
      there's a better solution. :) But thank you for answering nonetheless.

      /lcd