Re: Weird:: substitute by using register with combinations

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
      Hi William!

      On So, 07 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

      > BTW: Here is a patch.
      > >
      > > Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

      Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
      combining chars. So here is an updated patch. Bram, please check.

      regards,
      Christian
      --
      Nett sein kann jeder - meckern ist wichtig!

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
        Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > Hi William!
        >
        > On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:
        >
        > > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
        > > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
        > >
        > > However, if like this:
        > > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
        > > :@w
        > > the combinations will be lost. :-(
        >
        > It's a combining char ;)
        >
        > BTW: Here is a patch.

        Thanks!

        --
        Birthdays are healthy. The more you have them, the longer you live.

      • John Little
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 8, 2013
          On Sunday, April 7, 2013 11:50:09 PM UTC+12, Christian Brabandt wrote:

          > Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
          > combining chars. So here is an updated patch.

          I checked this using the manually assembled character "œ̄́" which firefox does not render for me (gvim sort of does, when the cursor is on the character). AFAICT test 44 still does not test more than one combining character; I found "שּׁ" from
          http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/combining-marks.html near the end, perhaps the test could use it as a real example.

          Regards, John Little