Re: Weird:: substitute by using register with combinations

  • William Fugh
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013

      BTW: Here is a patch.

      Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

      On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
      Hi William!

      On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

      > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
      > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
      >
      > However, if like this:
      > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
      > :@w
      > the combinations will be lost. :-(

      It's a combining char ;)

      BTW: Here is a patch.

      regards,
      Christian

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
        Hi William!

        On So, 07 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

        > BTW: Here is a patch.
        > >
        > > Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

        Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
        combining chars. So here is an updated patch. Bram, please check.

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Nett sein kann jeder - meckern ist wichtig!

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
          Christian Brabandt wrote:

          > Hi William!
          >
          > On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:
          >
          > > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
          > > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
          > >
          > > However, if like this:
          > > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
          > > :@w
          > > the combinations will be lost. :-(
          >
          > It's a combining char ;)
          >
          > BTW: Here is a patch.

          Thanks!

          --
          Birthdays are healthy. The more you have them, the longer you live.

        • John Little
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 8, 2013
            On Sunday, April 7, 2013 11:50:09 PM UTC+12, Christian Brabandt wrote:

            > Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
            > combining chars. So here is an updated patch.

            I checked this using the manually assembled character "œ̄́" which firefox does not render for me (gvim sort of does, when the cursor is on the character). AFAICT test 44 still does not test more than one combining character; I found "שּׁ" from
            http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/combining-marks.html near the end, perhaps the test could use it as a real example.

            Regards, John Little