Re: Weird:: substitute by using register with combinations

  • John Little
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2013
      On Sunday, April 7, 2013 9:13:55 AM UTC+12, Christian Brabandt wrote:

      > BTW: Here is a patch.

      Patch fixes it for me.

      Regards, John

    • William Fugh
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013

        BTW: Here is a patch.

        Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

        On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 7:13 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:
        Hi William!

        On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

        > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
        > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
        >
        > However, if like this:
        > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
        > :@w
        > the combinations will be lost. :-(

        It's a combining char ;)

        BTW: Here is a patch.

        regards,
        Christian

      • Christian Brabandt
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
          Hi William!

          On So, 07 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

          > BTW: Here is a patch.
          > >
          > > Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

          Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
          combining chars. So here is an updated patch. Bram, please check.

          regards,
          Christian
          --
          Nett sein kann jeder - meckern ist wichtig!

        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
            Christian Brabandt wrote:

            > Hi William!
            >
            > On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:
            >
            > > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
            > > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
            > >
            > > However, if like this:
            > > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
            > > :@w
            > > the combinations will be lost. :-(
            >
            > It's a combining char ;)
            >
            > BTW: Here is a patch.

            Thanks!

            --
            Birthdays are healthy. The more you have them, the longer you live.

          • John Little
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 8, 2013
              On Sunday, April 7, 2013 11:50:09 PM UTC+12, Christian Brabandt wrote:

              > Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
              > combining chars. So here is an updated patch.

              I checked this using the manually assembled character "œ̄́" which firefox does not render for me (gvim sort of does, when the cursor is on the character). AFAICT test 44 still does not test more than one combining character; I found "שּׁ" from
              http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/combining-marks.html near the end, perhaps the test could use it as a real example.

              Regards, John Little