Re: Weird:: substitute by using register with combinations

  • Christian Brabandt
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2013
      Hi William!

      On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

      > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
      > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
      >
      > However, if like this:
      > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
      > :@w
      > the combinations will be lost. :-(

      It's a combining char ;)

      BTW: Here is a patch.

      regards,
      Christian

    • John Little
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 6, 2013
        On Sunday, April 7, 2013 9:13:55 AM UTC+12, Christian Brabandt wrote:

        > BTW: Here is a patch.

        Patch fixes it for me.

        Regards, John

      • William Fugh
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013

          BTW: Here is a patch.

          Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
            Hi William!

            On So, 07 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:

            > BTW: Here is a patch.
            > >
            > > Well done, thank you guys so much. :-)

            Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
            combining chars. So here is an updated patch. Bram, please check.

            regards,
            Christian
            --
            Nett sein kann jeder - meckern ist wichtig!

          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 7, 2013
              Christian Brabandt wrote:

              > Hi William!
              >
              > On Fr, 05 Apr 2013, William Fugh wrote:
              >
              > > It's OK if execute the following in command-line directly
              > > :%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g
              > >
              > > However, if like this:
              > > :let @w = "%s#combinations#œ̄ṣ́#g"
              > > :@w
              > > the combinations will be lost. :-(
              >
              > It's a combining char ;)
              >
              > BTW: Here is a patch.

              Thanks!

              --
              Birthdays are healthy. The more you have them, the longer you live.

            • John Little
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 8, 2013
                On Sunday, April 7, 2013 11:50:09 PM UTC+12, Christian Brabandt wrote:

                > Actually, it is not quite right. I forgot, there could be several
                > combining chars. So here is an updated patch.

                I checked this using the manually assembled character "œ̄́" which firefox does not render for me (gvim sort of does, when the cursor is on the character). AFAICT test 44 still does not test more than one combining character; I found "שּׁ" from
                http://www.user.uni-hannover.de/nhtcapri/combining-marks.html near the end, perhaps the test could use it as a real example.

                Regards, John Little