Modified Buffers List

  • Guy Rutenberg
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2013

      Is there a way to list all modified buffers? E.g. I want all the modified buffers that can be iterated by :bmodified listed in a :cl style list.

      Thanks,

      Guy

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2013
        On 03:59 Fri 05 Apr , Guy Rutenberg wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > Is there a way to list all modified buffers? E.g. I want all the modified buffers that can be iterated by :bmodified listed in a :cl style list.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Guy

        > ---

        You can use a simple loop like this:

        fun! Bmod()
        for bnr in range(1,bufnr('$'))
        if getbufvar(bnr, '&modified')
        echo bnr '"'.bufname(bnr).'"'
        endif
        endfor
        endfun
        command Bmod :call Bmod()

        I don't know of a built in command/function to do that.

        Best,
        Marcin