Re: do word jump commands without line-wrap?

  • Tim Chase
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
      On 2013-04-03 10:21, neolus wrote:
      > Hi! is there any fast neat way to tell vim not to go to
      > next/previous word if it's on a different line that doesn't require
      > writing a function? e.g. a flag or something? I looked but can't
      > find anything on it other than whichwrap but it seems that only
      > applies to hjkl stuff..

      You could try the following mappings:

      which also happens to behave in a way that makes sense with your
      'wrapscan' setting. The behavior is slightly different from the
      stock behaviors, as it looks for a beginning-of-word, so it doesn't
      land on intermediate punctuation. But for most cases it should do
      what you want.

      -tim