Re: do word jump commands without line-wrap?

  • neolus
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
      You guys are awesome for replying so fast :)
      At least I know now.
      What I'll do I think is before executing the action, make a mark, save the
      line number to a variable, do the command, check to see if it changed and if
      so jump to the mark. That way I could apply it to each word command variant.
      Can anyone think of any weird corner cases where something might throw it
      off? it sounds like a concrete aproach but maybe there's weird values for
      line number in some cases or something y'know?

    • Tim Chase
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 4, 2013
        On 2013-04-03 10:21, neolus wrote:
        > Hi! is there any fast neat way to tell vim not to go to
        > next/previous word if it's on a different line that doesn't require
        > writing a function? e.g. a flag or something? I looked but can't
        > find anything on it other than whichwrap but it seems that only
        > applies to hjkl stuff..

        You could try the following mappings:

        which also happens to behave in a way that makes sense with your
        'wrapscan' setting. The behavior is slightly different from the
        stock behaviors, as it looks for a beginning-of-word, so it doesn't
        land on intermediate punctuation. But for most cases it should do
        what you want.

        -tim