Is there an autocmd event that fires after saving the undo file?

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
      I'm trying to write a plugin that will set the 'hidden' attribute in
      Windows for:
      swap files
      undo files
      backup files
      viminfo file

      I can update swap files on CursorHold and file write, I can update the
      viminfo file on VimLeave, and the backup file on BufWritePost. But I
      can't figure out how to update the undo file, because when BufWritePost
      fires the undo file has not yet been created (or is locked);
      filewritable() and filereadable() return 0 during this autocmd event.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 2, 2013
        On Wednesday, April 3, 2013 12:15:45 AM UTC-5, Ben Fritz wrote:
        > I'm trying to write a plugin that will set the 'hidden' attribute in
        > Windows for:
        > swap files
        > undo files
        > backup files
        > viminfo file
        >
        > I can update swap files on CursorHold and file write, I can update the
        > viminfo file on VimLeave, and the backup file on BufWritePost. But I
        > can't figure out how to update the undo file, because when BufWritePost
        > fires the undo file has not yet been created (or is locked);
        > filewritable() and filereadable() return 0 during this autocmd event.

        Sorry for the noise. I had a typo in my vimscript, I was testing filewritable('a:file') instead of filewritable(a:file). This part is working just fine now.