execute command with "

  • Canis Major
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30, 2013
      Hello,

      I have problem to execute the following command
      execute ":s/foo/\<C-r>\"/g\<Left>\<Left>"
      The result is not the value of unnamed register. How to perform the <C-
      r>" key sequence by execute command?

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30, 2013
        On 15:27 Sat 30 Mar , Canis Major wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I have problem to execute the following command
        > execute ":s/foo/\<C-r>\"/g\<Left>\<Left>"
        > The result is not the value of unnamed register. How to perform the <C-
        > r>" key sequence by execute command?

        > ---

        You can use CTRL-r" in the command line in the same way as in the insert mode. Otherwise, you can:

        :s/foo/\=@"/g

        See ':help sub-replace-\='.

        Best,
        Marcin