optimal vimrc and plugins for fortran, latex, c and html

  • rudrab
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 30 3:10 AM
      Dear Friends,
      I work on (g)vim mainly for writing codes in fortran, C and Latex (and my webpage in html).
      I am using fortran code complete (http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=2487) and vim-latex(http://vim-latex.sourceforge.net/).
      I know about omni but not yet managed to use it for autocomplete my codes.
      I am looking for some suggestions on plugins and an optimal vimrc for better productivity.
      My present vimrc is:

      set autoindent
      set smartindent
      set incsearch
      set ignorecase
      set smartcase
      set novisualbell
      set paste
      set ruler
      "set expandtab
      "set smarttab
      "set shiftwidth=3
      "set softtabstop=3

      syntax on
      colorscheme MySlate
      "set mouse=a "enable mouse
      set nu "show line number
      "set cul "highlight current line

      if version >= 700
      set spell spl=en_us
      set spell
      nmap <F12> :set nospell!
      endif

      " Fortran stuff
      :let fortran_do_enddo=1
      :let fortran_more_precise=1
      :let fortran_free_source=1
      :let fortran_have_tabs=1
      autocmd BufNewFile *.f90 call New_Fortran_File()
      fun! New_Fortran_File()
      :0put='!This is file : ' . expand('%')
      :put='Implicit None'
      exe ":3"
      endf
      filetype on
      filetype plugin on
      filetype indent on

      set sw=2
      set iskeyword+=:
      "latex only
      let g:tex_flavor='latex'
      " Always jump to last edited line
      if has("autocmd")
      au BufReadPost * if line("'\"") > 0 && line("'\"") <= line("$")
      \| exe "normal! g'\"" | endif
      endif

      :nnoremap <Leader>lw :up!<cr>:call Tex_RunLaTeX()<cr>
      ":echo 'Current time is ' . strftime('%c')<CR>
      autocmd FileType html set omnifunc=htmlcomplete#CompleteTags

      I am using vim 7.3.712 in fedora18

    • Marcin Szamotulski
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 30 4:52 AM

        You can checkout my latex plugin, which is a very good vim-latex
        alternative:
        http://atp-vim.sf.net

        It works on Linux, Mac and it is about to start working on Windows as
        well (if you are on Windows use the git version)

        Best,
        Marcin