Re: How to get rid of oddly-highlighted keywords in Vim

  • Benjamin Klein
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
      On Mar 20, 2013, at 10:12 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:

      > Look for vim73/syntax/groovy.vim, open it up, and you'll see the maintainer's name and email therein.

      Heh -- funnily enough, removing the words I didn't need highlighted from that very file was enough to do the trick (obviously, to anybody with experience in doing these plugins, but I have none). So thanks. :)

      Ben

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 27, 2013
        Hi Benjamin!

        On Mi, 27 Mär 2013, Benjamin Klein wrote:

        > On Mar 20, 2013, at 10:12 PM, Charles E Campbell <drchip@...> wrote:
        >
        > > Look for vim73/syntax/groovy.vim, open it up, and you'll see the maintainer's name and email therein.
        >
        > Heh -- funnily enough, removing the words I didn't need highlighted from that very file was enough to do the trick (obviously, to anybody with experience in doing these plugins, but I have none). So thanks. :)

        Nevertheless, you should at least let the maintainer know of the
        problem, so he can fix it and other users don't stumble on it later.

        And, remember, whenever you change files whithin the $VIMRUNTIME
        directory, those changes might silently being overwritten on later
        upgrades:
        http://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html#faq-36.11

        regards,
        Christian
        --
        Kein Lesen ist der Mühe wert, wenn es nicht unterhält.
        -- William Somerset Maugham

      • Benjamin Klein
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 28, 2013
          On Mar 27, 2013, at 4:30 PM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:

          > Nevertheless, you should at least let the maintainer know of the
          > problem, so he can fix it and other users don't stumble on it later.
          >
          > And, remember, whenever you change files whithin the $VIMRUNTIME
          > directory, those changes might silently being overwritten on later
          > upgrades:
          > http://vimhelp.appspot.com/vim_faq.txt.html#faq-36.11

          I shall do so. And thanks :)

          Ben