Re: hi CursorLine

  • Paul Isambert
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 22 3:45 PM
      Selon FlashBurn <rail.shafigulin@...>:

      > I have the following code in my _vimrc
      >
      > colorscheme xoria256
      > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
      > set cursorline
      >
      > The issue that I'm having is that it doesn't work when vim is reopened or the
      > _vimrc is sourced. However if I manually set it using
      >
      > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE
      >
      > it starts to work. The default setting of xoria256 is
      >
      > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
      >
      > Does anybody know what is the problem? Why it doesn't work when it is in the
      > _vimrc but works when it is set manually?

      Wild guess: you have "colorscheme xoria256" in your gvimrc file too. That
      cancels what's in the vimrc file.

      Best,
      Paul

    • rail shafigulin
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 22 6:11 PM

        On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
        On Friday, March 22, 2013 4:39:14 PM UTC-5, FlashBurn wrote:
        > I have the following code in my _vimrc
        >
        > colorscheme xoria256
        > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
        > set cursorline
        >
        > The issue that I'm having is that it doesn't work when vim is reopened or the _vimrc is sourced. However if I manually set it using
        >
        > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE
        >
        > it starts to work. The default setting of xoria256 is
        >
        > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
        >
        > Does anybody know what is the problem? Why it doesn't work when it is in the _vimrc but works when it is set manually?
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.
        >
        > I'm using Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3
        > gVim 7.3

        You can check the output of this command to see where the highlight was last set:

          :verbose hi CursorLine

        Knowing that, you may be able to debug yourself. Otherwise, what do you mean by "it doesn't work"? What happens? What did you expect to happen instead?

        Here is what the output of verbose hi CursorLine
        CursorLine xxx term=underline ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a
                    Last set from ~/vimfiles/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim

        Here is the setting from xoria256.vim
        hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none

        And here is how it is set in my vimrc
        colorscheme xoria256
        " Set the line of with the cursor to be underlined.
        hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
        " Turn on the highlight of the line with the cursor.
        set cursorline

        The output looks like it is a mixture of the downloaded colorscheme and my own settings.
        I run my pathogen plugin before the colorscheme is set.

        I'm not sure what is going on.

      • FlashBurn
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 22 6:15 PM
          On Friday, March 22, 2013 6:45:24 PM UTC-4, Paul Isambert wrote:

          > > I have the following code in my _vimrc
          >

          > > colorscheme xoria256
          >
          > > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
          >
          > > set cursorline
          >

          > > The issue that I'm having is that it doesn't work when vim is reopened or the
          >
          > > _vimrc is sourced. However if I manually set it using
          >

          > > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE
          >

          > > it starts to work. The default setting of xoria256 is
          >

          > > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
          >

          > > Does anybody know what is the problem? Why it doesn't work when it is in the
          >
          > > _vimrc but works when it is set manually?
          >

          > Wild guess: you have "colorscheme xoria256" in your gvimrc file too. That
          >
          > cancels what's in the vimrc file.
          >

          > Best,
          >
          > Paul

          I don't use gvimrc file. Good guess though.

          Are there any other suggestions on what might be going wrong. Any help is appreciated.

        • Bee
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 22 7:04 PM
            >>On Friday, March 22, 2013 4:39:14 PM UTC-5, FlashBurn wrote:
            >>> colorscheme xoria256
            >>> hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
            >>> set cursorline

            what happens if you use in vimrc:

            hi CursorLine NONE gui=underline term=underline cterm=underline

            note the NONE at the beginning, to remove all previous hi

            --OR--
            +vimrc
            hi CursorLine NONE term=underline cterm=underline

            +gvimrc
            hi CursorLine NONE gui=underline

            Bill

          • Christian Brabandt
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 23 6:53 AM
              Hi rail!

              On Fr, 22 Mär 2013, rail shafigulin wrote:

              > On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 6:18 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
              >
              > > On Friday, March 22, 2013 4:39:14 PM UTC-5, FlashBurn wrote:
              > > > I have the following code in my _vimrc
              > > >
              > > > colorscheme xoria256
              > > > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
              > > > set cursorline
              > > >
              > > > The issue that I'm having is that it doesn't work when vim is reopened
              > > or the _vimrc is sourced. However if I manually set it using
              > > >
              > > > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE
              > > >
              > > > it starts to work. The default setting of xoria256 is
              > > > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
              > > >

              > > You can check the output of this command to see where the highlight was
              > > last set:
              > >
              > > :verbose hi CursorLine
              > >
              > Here is what the output of verbose hi CursorLine
              > CursorLine xxx term=underline ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a
              > Last set from
              > ~/vimfiles/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim
              >
              > Here is the setting from xoria256.vim
              > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
              >
              > And here is how it is set in my vimrc
              > colorscheme xoria256
              > " Set the line of with the cursor to be underlined.
              > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
              > " Turn on the highlight of the line with the cursor.
              > set cursorline
              >
              > The output looks like it is a mixture of the downloaded colorscheme and my
              > own settings.
              > I run my pathogen plugin before the colorscheme is set.

              Hm, are you setting the colorscheme later again? Somehow, your settings
              get overridden. You might want to check starting vim with
              -V12logfile.txt (see :h -V), immediately quit vim and then inspect the
              logfile.

              It should however work to define an autocommand like this:
              au ColorScheme * hi CursorLine ....

              or maybe even:
              au ColorScheme xoria256 hi CursorLine ....

              But I am not sure, if the colorscheme autocomamnd triggers on the name
              of a colorscheme though.

              regards,
              Christian
              --
              Input - Output - Kaputt!

            • FlashBurn
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 23 7:23 AM
                On Saturday, March 23, 2013 9:53:08 AM UTC-4, Christian Brabandt wrote:
                > Hi rail!
                >

                > On Fr, 22 M�r 2013, rail shafigulin wrote:

                > > > or the _vimrc is sourced. However if I manually set it using

                > > > You can check the output of this command to see where the highlight was
                >
                > > > last set:
                >

                > > > :verbose hi CursorLine
                >

                > > Here is what the output of verbose hi CursorLine
                >
                > > CursorLine xxx term=underline ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a
                >
                > > Last set from
                >
                > > ~/vimfiles/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim
                >

                > > Here is the setting from xoria256.vim
                >
                > > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
                >

                > > And here is how it is set in my vimrc
                >
                > > colorscheme xoria256
                >
                > > " Set the line of with the cursor to be underlined.
                >
                > > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
                >
                > > " Turn on the highlight of the line with the cursor.
                >
                > > set cursorline
                >

                > > The output looks like it is a mixture of the downloaded colorscheme and my
                >
                > > own settings.
                >
                > > I run my pathogen plugin before the colorscheme is set.
                >

                > Hm, are you setting the colorscheme later again? Somehow, your settings
                >
                > get overridden. You might want to check starting vim with
                >
                > -V12logfile.txt (see :h -V), immediately quit vim and then inspect the
                >
                > logfile.
                >

                > It should however work to define an autocommand like this:
                >
                > au ColorScheme * hi CursorLine ....
                >

                > or maybe even:
                >
                > au ColorScheme xoria256 hi CursorLine ....
                >

                > But I am not sure, if the colorscheme autocomamnd triggers on the name
                >
                > of a colorscheme though.
                >

                > regards,
                >
                > Christian
                >
                > --
                >
                > Input - Output - Kaputt!

                Thanks for the -V option. From the output I was able to determine that it sources xoria256.vim multiple times. Does anybody know why is this happening? Is there a way to get around it? I'm attaching the output. It was generated using my Mac at home.

                chdir(.vim)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                sourcing "$VIM/vimrc"
                finished sourcing $VIM/vimrc
                chdir(/Users/user)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                sourcing "$HOME/.vimrc"
                chdir(/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/autoload)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 16: sourcing "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/autoload/pathogen.vim"
                Searching for "autoload/pathogen.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/autoload/pathogen.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/autoload/pathogen.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/autoload/pathogen.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/autoload/pathogen.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/autoload/pathogen.vim"
                not found in 'runtimepath': "autoload/pathogen.vim"
                finished sourcing /Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/autoload/pathogen.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc
                calling function pathogen#infect

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#separator

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#separator returning '/'

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#split

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#split returning ['/Users/user/.vim', '/usr/...er', '/Users/user/.vim/after']

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories..pathogen#glob

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories..pathogen#glob..pathogen#separator

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories..pathogen#glob..pathogen#separator returning '/'

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories..pathogen#glob

[...]

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories..pathogen#glob returning ['/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L...user/.vim/bundle/vim-project']

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#glob_directories returning ['/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L...user/.vim/bundle/vim-project']

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#is_disabled

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#is_disabled returning #0

[...]

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#uniq

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#uniq returning ['/Users/user/.vim', '/User...er', '/Users/user/.vim/after']

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#join

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate..pathogen#join returning '/Users/user/.vim,/Users/ra.../after,/Users/user/.vim/after'

                continuing in function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#incubate returning #1

                continuing in function pathogen#infect

                calling function pathogen#infect..pathogen#cycle_filetype

                function pathogen#infect..pathogen#cycle_filetype returning #0

                continuing in function pathogen#infect

                function pathogen#infect returning ''

                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc

                calling function pathogen#helptags

                calling function pathogen#helptags..pathogen#separator

                function pathogen#helptags..pathogen#separator returning '/'

                continuing in function pathogen#helptags

                calling function pathogen#helptags..pathogen#split

                function pathogen#helptags..pathogen#split returning ['/Users/user/.vim', '/User...er', '/Users/user/.vim/after']

                continuing in function pathogen#helptags

                function pathogen#helptags returning #0

                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc

                calling function InitBackupDir

                function InitBackupDir returning #0

                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc

                Searching for "filetype.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/filetype.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 62: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "ftdetect/*.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/ftdetect/*.vim"
                chdir(/Users/user/.vim/ftdetect)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 2587: sourcing "/Users/user/.vim/ftdetect/filetype.vim"
                finished sourcing /Users/user/.vim/ftdetect/filetype.vim
                continuing in /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/filetype.vim
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/ftdetect/*.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/ftdetect/*.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 2607: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/menu.vim"
                Searching for "autoload/paste.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/autoload/paste.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/autoload/paste.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/autoload)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 194: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/autoload/paste.vim"
                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/autoload/paste.vim
                continuing in /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/menu.vim
                calling function <SNR>6_BMShow

                Error detected while processing function <SNR>6_BMShow:
                line 12:
                E329: No menu "&Buffers"
                Error detected while processing function <SNR>6_BMShow:
                line 14:
                E328: Menu only exists in another mode
                calling function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename

                calling function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMMunge

                chdir(.vim)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                calling function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMMunge..<SNR>6_BMTruncName

                function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMMunge..<SNR>6_BMTruncName returning '~/.vim'

                continuing in function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMMunge

                function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMMunge returning 'vimrc\ (1)\^I~/\.vim'

                continuing in function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename

                calling function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMHash

                function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename..<SNR>6_BMHash returning #458550684

                continuing in function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename

                function <SNR>6_BMShow..<SNR>6_BMFilename returning #0

                continuing in function <SNR>6_BMShow

                function <SNR>6_BMShow returning #0

                continuing in /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/menu.vim

                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/menu.vim
                continuing in /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/filetype.vim
                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/filetype.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/filetype.vim"
                Searching for "ftplugin.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/ftplugin.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 62: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/ftplugin.vim"
                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/ftplugin.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/ftplugin.vim"
                Searching for "indent.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/indent.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 62: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/indent.vim"
                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/indent.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/indent.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/indent.vim"
                Searching for "colors/xoria256.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/colors/xoria256.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/colors/xoria256.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim"
                chdir(/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 80: sourcing "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim"
                finished sourcing /Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vimrc
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 105: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/syntax.vim"
                Searching for "syntax/synload.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/syntax/synload.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/synload.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 19: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/synload.vim"
[...]
                line 19: sourcing "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim"
                Searching for "syntax/syncolor.vim" in "/Users/user/.vim,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline,/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime,/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after,/Users/user/.vim/after"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/L9/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/ctrlp/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/scrollcolors/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/taglist/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/tcomment/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-pathogen/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-powerline/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/bundle/vim-project/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                chdir(/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax)
                fchdir() to previous dir
                line 29: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/syncolor.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/syntax/syncolor.vim"
[...]
                line 32: sourcing "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                finished sourcing /usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/runtime/syntax/syncolor.vim
                continuing in /Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim
                Searching for "/usr/local/Cellar/macvim/7.3-66/MacVim.app/Contents/Resources/vim/vimfiles/after/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                Searching for "/Users/user/.vim/after/syntax/syncolor.vim"
                finished sourcing /Users/user/.vim/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim

              • Andy Wokula
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 25 3:51 AM
                  Am 23.03.2013 02:11, schrieb rail shafigulin:
                  > Here is what the output of verbose hi CursorLine
                  > CursorLine xxx term=underline ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a
                  > Last set from
                  > ~/vimfiles/bundle/colour-sampler-pack/colors/xoria256.vim
                  >
                  > Here is the setting from xoria256.vim
                  > hi CursorLine ctermbg=237 guibg=#3a3a3a cterm=none gui=none
                  >
                  > And here is how it is set in my vimrc
                  > colorscheme xoria256
                  > " Set the line of with the cursor to be underlined.
                  > hi CursorLine gui=underline guibg=NONE term=underline cterm=underline
                  > " Turn on the highlight of the line with the cursor.
                  > set cursorline
                  >
                  > The output looks like it is a mixture of the downloaded colorscheme and my
                  > own settings.
                  > I run my pathogen plugin before the colorscheme is set.
                  >
                  > I'm not sure what is going on.

                  :syntax on is also known to set the color scheme.
                  You should put custom settings after this command.

                  --
                  Andy

                • Anthony Campbell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 25 8:19 AM
                    On 22 Mar 2013, FlashBurn wrote:
                    > I don't use gvimrc file. Good guess though.
                    >
                    > Are there any other suggestions on what might be going wrong. Any help is appreciated.

                    > ---

                    Perhaps make a test vimrc file with just the one line to see if that
                    works? If it does,k there must be something the regular file that is
                    precenting it working.

                    --
                    Anthony Campbell - ac@...
                    http://www.acampbell.org.uk

                  • FlashBurn
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 25 3:07 PM

                      > :syntax on is also known to set the color scheme.

                      That's exactly what was happening. I put my colorscheme setting after syntax on and it worked.

                      Thanks.