Re: Motion for C functions

  • Marco
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 22, 2013
      On 2013–03–22 Ben Fritz wrote:

      > I don't think Vim does have an understanding of functions.

      You're totally right. But vim has a mechanism to navigate functions,
      given they are formatted in a particular way. And that was what I
      was referring to.

      > It knows about { or } in the first column (the [[ and ][ motions
      > which you're using in your mapping).

      Indeed, the column matters.

      > I have 'selection' set to "exclusive". If I change it to
      > "inclusive" then I get 8 lines.

      I didn't know about these options before.

      > Looking at WHAT gets copied with yif leads me to the following
      > solution:
      >
      > onoremap if :<C-U>normal! [[vi{h<cr>
      >
      > This will work if 'selection' is set to "inclusive". If
      > "exclusive" then you need to leave off the h as you did before. If
      > you want to make your mapping generic you'll probably need to use
      > an <expr> mapping which checks the value of the 'selection'
      > option.

      That's not necessary. I wasn't even aware of the existence of this
      setting. After having read the help page, it seems unlikely that I
      will change it. Thanks for your help.

      Marco