Re: vim and tcomment

  • Marcin Sztolcman
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
      On 21 mar 2013, at 16:55, FlashBurn <rail.shafigulin@...> wrote:

      > I have just loaded tcomment plugin, https://github.com/tomtom/tcomment_vim. I code in C and need to be able to do line comments ( // ). For some reason this plugin does only block comments ( /* ... */). I looked through the documentation but was not able to find a way to configure the plugin to do the line comments. Does anybody know how to do it?

      For example, from my .vimrc:

      let g:tcommentLineC = {
      \ 'commentstring': '// %s',
      \}

      --
      Marcin Sztolcman :: http://urzenia.net/ :: http://sztolcman.eu/

    • Chris Lott
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 21, 2013
        On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber@...> wrote:
        > Use github.com/MarcWeber/vim-adddon-commenting which always prefers
        > those # // like line prefix comments and you're done.

        Typo in link, should be: https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-commenting

        Nice plugin.

        Chris Lott <chris@...>

      • rail shafigulin
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 22, 2013

          On Thu, Mar 21, 2013 at 12:37 PM, Marcin Sztolcman <marcin@...> wrote:
          On 21 mar 2013, at 16:55, FlashBurn <rail.shafigulin@...> wrote:

          > I have just loaded tcomment plugin, https://github.com/tomtom/tcomment_vim. I code in C and need to be able to do line comments ( // ). For some reason this plugin does only block comments ( /* ... */). I looked through the documentation but was not able to find a way to configure the plugin to do the line comments. Does anybody know how to do it?

          For example, from my .vimrc:

          let g:tcommentLineC = {
              \ 'commentstring': '// %s',
              \}

          --
          Marcin Sztolcman :: http://urzenia.net/ :: http://sztolcman.eu/

          Thank you it worked. However if you run pathogen this string must be set before pathogen is called.