Re: How to keep folds intact when the file is sent over mail

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 21 7:55 AM
      On Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:15:27 AM UTC-5, sheetal wrote:
      > Hello All,
      >
      > I don't konw if this is possible, but i've a text file on which i've applied fold cmd using the marks, Now when i send the file to over email, I want to keep the fold intact so that the other person viewing the file should also see the folds, Current behaviour is the person viewing the file will see all the fold extended and also if we try fold using 'zc' Error saying fold not defined pops up.
      > Any pointers on this would be appreciated.
      >
      > Thank you.

      If you're just sending them something to view, but not really intending them to edit it, you can also use :TOhtml (especially with dynamic folding enabled) to create an HTML representation of your file including the fold information.

      This is one of the things I actually use :TOhtml for, especially when I'm sharing with non-Vim users.