change the color of the popout menu

  • FlashBurn
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
      I've started using FuzzyFinder plugin. Nice menu pops out to do a search, however it has a very ugly color. Does anybody know how to make it match my current color scheme? I'm attaching the image.

      Any help is appreciated.

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
        On Tue, March 19, 2013 17:00, FlashBurn wrote:
        > I've started using FuzzyFinder plugin. Nice menu pops out to do a search,
        > however it has a very ugly color. Does anybody know how to make it match
        > my current color scheme? I'm attaching the image.
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.

        You need to change the Pmenu highlight items (Pmenu, PmenuSel,
        PmenuSbar, PmenuThumb).

        Depending on your vim version, you can simply put into your
        .vimrc something like this:

        hi Pmenu guibg=DarkRed guifg=White

        (this is for the gui version, for the terminal version you need to
        set the ctermfg and ctermbg attributes)

        regards,
        Christian

      • Tim Chase
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
          On 2013-03-19 09:00, FlashBurn wrote:
          > I've started using FuzzyFinder plugin. Nice menu pops out to do a
          > search, however it has a very ugly color. Does anybody know how to
          > make it match my current color scheme?

          You want to tinker with the Pmenu/PmenuSel/PmenuSbar/PmenuThumb
          color groups:

          :help hl-Pmenu
          :help hl-PmenuSbar
          :help hl-PmenuSel
          :help hl-PmenuThumb

          -tim

        • Ben Fritz
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
            On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:09:30 AM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
            > On Tue, March 19, 2013 17:00, FlashBurn wrote:
            > > I've started using FuzzyFinder plugin. Nice menu pops out to do a search,
            > > however it has a very ugly color. Does anybody know how to make it match
            > > my current color scheme? I'm attaching the image.
            >
            > You need to change the Pmenu highlight items (Pmenu, PmenuSel,
            > PmenuSbar, PmenuThumb).
            >
            > Depending on your vim version, you can simply put into your
            > .vimrc something like this:
            >
            > hi Pmenu guibg=DarkRed guifg=White
            >
            > (this is for the gui version, for the terminal version you need to
            > set the ctermfg and ctermbg attributes)

            The stated goal was to match the new colors to the colorscheme.

            I'd regard the lack of these groups in a colorscheme to be a bug in the colorscheme.

            If you made the colorscheme yourself, just add them to your colorscheme script.

            Otherwise, you can pick some colors and modify the script yourself, but you should also contact the colorscheme maintainer and request these additional highlight definitions.

          • FlashBurn
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 19, 2013
              On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 1:32:01 PM UTC-4, Ben Fritz wrote:
              > On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 11:09:30 AM UTC-5, Christian Brabandt wrote:
              > > On Tue, March 19, 2013 17:00, FlashBurn wrote:
              > > > I've started using FuzzyFinder plugin. Nice menu pops out to do a search,
              > > > however it has a very ugly color. Does anybody know how to make it match
              > > > my current color scheme? I'm attaching the image.
              > >
              > > You need to change the Pmenu highlight items (Pmenu, PmenuSel,
              > > PmenuSbar, PmenuThumb).
              > >
              > > Depending on your vim version, you can simply put into your
              > > .vimrc something like this:
              > >
              > > hi Pmenu guibg=DarkRed guifg=White
              > >
              > > (this is for the gui version, for the terminal version you need to
              > > set the ctermfg and ctermbg attributes)
              > >

              > The stated goal was to match the new colors to the colorscheme.
              >
              > I'd regard the lack of these groups in a colorscheme to be a bug in the colorscheme.
              >
              > If you made the colorscheme yourself, just add them to your colorscheme script.
              >
              > Otherwise, you can pick some colors and modify the script yourself, but you should also contact the colorscheme maintainer and request these additional highlight definitions.

              Thanks for the help everyone, I most likely will update the colorscheme myself.