can netrw show current directory with backslashes?

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 19, 2013
      I often use gvim on Windows. In order to quickly point a Windows
      explorer window to the current working directory of gvim, I yank the
      full path at to top of netrw into the "+" registry (a trick I learned
      in this forum) and past it into the address field of the Windows
      explorer window.

      When I use this trick to open up files in older apps, however, they
      choke on the forward slash. So I have to past the path into a new vim
      window and replace all back-slashes by forward slashes. Or in the new
      vim window, I create the command

      cygpath -aw /The/Full/Path

      and issue

      !!bash

      I've got the vim options set up so that cygwin's bash is properly
      invoked most of the time.

      A 3rd way to get the path converted to backslashes is to open up a new
      temporary Windows explorer window and past it into the address field
      and press return. It converts it, I copy the path again and banish
      the Windows explorer window.

      All of these methods are really round about. The most direct way
      would be for a netrw option to allow users to select the use of
      backslash for display of paths. Would such a thing exist?