"Focus mode" plugin that only shows one function in a buffer?

  • Hwee-Boon Yar
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 18, 2013
      Is there a plugin or way for me to just display and edit a single function in a buffer? I'm been using MacVim for a few years now and have been mostly working with ObjC, Python and Ruby which all has the concept of a function. Lately I've been yearning for a way (from my Smalltalk roots[1]) to just view and edit just a single function in a buffer, a sort of reverse-folding.

      Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks

      [1] For those familiar with Smalltalk, when you click on a method in a Smalltalk browser, the code panel only shows the source of that particular method.

      Hwee-Boon
      http://hboon.com

    • Ethan Hereth

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 19, 2013
          Thanks Ethan, that does sound like what I want. I'll dabble with it and see if I can make it more seamless for my purpose.

          Hwee-Boon