Re: vim, cscope and jump stack

  • Gary Johnson
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 16, 2013
      On 2013-03-16, Christian Brabandt wrote:
      > Hi Gary!
      >
      > On Fr, 15 Mär 2013, Gary Johnson wrote:
      >
      > > Unfortunately, you can't determine what generated each list, so you
      > > have to remember what you put on the stack.
      >
      > Recent vim versions store that info in the w:quickfix_title variable.

      Cool! One can learn a lot here by giving wrong answers. I hardly
      ever open the quickfix window because it hasn't been that useful to
      me. Now I'll use it more.

      Thanks,
      Gary

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 16, 2013
        On 15/03/13 22:10, FlashBurn wrote:
        > Does anybody know if vim has the ability to store a history of my cscope searches?It would be nice if I could jump back to my previous searches or to the files which I jumped from.
        >
        > Any help is appreciated.

        cscope can produce a "quickfix list", y'know, like :helpgrep, :vimgrep,
        :grep and :make do. It can even produce a "location list" (i.e., a
        window-local quickfix list).

        See
        :help csqf
        :help :cscope
        :help :lcscope
        :help if_cscop.txt
        :help quickfix.txt

        This is an especially good time for you vacationers who plan to fly,
        because the Reagan administration, as part of the same policy under
        which it recently sold Yellowstone National Park to Wayne Newton, has
        "deregulated" the airline industry. What this means for you, the
        consumer, is that the airlines are no longer required to follow any
        rules whatsoever. They can show snuff movies. They can charge for
        oxygen. They can hire pilots right out of Vending Machine Refill
        Person School. They can conserve fuel by ejecting husky passengers
        over water. They can ram competing planes in mid-air. These
        innovations have resulted in tremendous cost savings which have been
        passed along to you, the consumer, in the form of flights with
        amazingly low fares, such as $29. Of course, certain restrictions do
        apply, the main one being that all these flights take you to Newark,
        and you must pay thousands of dollars if you want to fly back out.
        -- Dave Barry, "Iowa -- Land of Secure Vacations"