Save all buffers on SIGTERM

  • Thiago Padilha
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 16 10:44 AM
      Is it possible to configure vim to write all buffers when it receives
      SIGTERM? I use vim inside multiple tmux sessions and sometimes I
      forget to save something so when I shutdown the computer and reboot
      there's a bunch of .swp files around(I would rather have vim save
      everything)

      I already tried the autowriteall option but it only works when exiting
      vim cleanly

      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 17 12:09 AM
        On 16/03/13 18:44, Thiago Padilha wrote:
        > Is it possible to configure vim to write all buffers when it receives
        > SIGTERM? I use vim inside multiple tmux sessions and sometimes I
        > forget to save something so when I shutdown the computer and reboot
        > there's a bunch of .swp files around(I would rather have vim save
        > everything)
        >
        > I already tried the autowriteall option but it only works when exiting
        > vim cleanly

        Maybe this? (untested)

        " save everything if terminated by an interceptible signal
        :aucmd VimLeave * if v:dying | wall | endif

        or this?

        " delete swapfile if the swapped file is 'nomodified'
        :au SwapExists * if !&mod | let v:swapchoice = 'd' | endif

        BEDEVERE: Stand by for attack!!
        [CUT TO enormous army forming up. Trebuchets, rows of PIKEMEN, siege
        towers, pennants flying, shouts of "Stand by for attack!" Traditional
        army build-up shots. The shouts echo across the ranks of the army.
        We see various groups reacting, and stirring themselves in readiness.]
        ARTHUR: Who are they?
        BEDEVERE: Oh, just some friends!
        PICTURES LTD

      • Thiago Padilha