Integration with tmux

  • Thiago de Arruda
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
      Hi

      I'm trying to improve integration between vim and tmux, as those tools are my most important work tools and I'm always looking to enchance my workflow speed.

      So far I have managed to:

      - integrate tmux/vim split navigation
      - open files in a existing vim instance from a shell
      - send vim buffer contents to a tmux pane(using the wonderful slimux vim plugin)

      Everything is great so far, but one thing I'm missing is to integrate vim registers with tmux copy buffers.

      I could probably use slimux solution and bind a custom key to copy to tmux, but ideally I would like to script vim so it will automatically share its default register with tmux every time I yank text. Is something like this possible?

      Thanks in advance

      ps: if anyone is interested in my current tmux/vim integration scripts here they are: https://gist.github.com/tarruda/5158535

    • John Little
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 14, 2013
        On Friday, March 15, 2013 1:17:22 AM UTC+13, Thiago de Arruda wrote:

        >...it will automatically share its default register with tmux every time I yank
        > text. Is something like this possible?

        Yes, the yank ring plugin¹ does that, by a brute force (it seems to me) mappings of every vim command that can yank something. Perhaps overkill for your requirements, but you could adapt it.

        Regards, John Little

        ¹ http://www.vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=1234

      • Thiago Padilha
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 15, 2013
          Thanks John, I'm gonna have a look at that