dbext and bufexplorer plugins: compatibility issues

  • Naveen J P
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 12, 2013
      Hi Group,

      dbext is a cool plugin but it causes issues in the bufexplorer plugin. For e.g., when I try to delete a buffer(via the bufexplorer plugin), it doesn't work. I fixed this by commenting out "autocmd BufDelete" in dbext; but bufexplorer still has issues in closing temporary buffers. Any ideas out there to handle this gracefully?

      Thanks
      Naveen

    • David Fishburn
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 20, 2013

        On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 2:34 AM, Naveen J P <jnaveen@...> wrote:
        Hi Group,

        dbext is a cool plugin but it causes issues in the bufexplorer plugin. For e.g., when I try to delete a buffer(via the bufexplorer plugin), it doesn't work. I fixed this by commenting out "autocmd BufDelete" in dbext; but bufexplorer still has issues in closing temporary buffers. Any ideas out there to handle this gracefully?

        Naveen,

        Could you describe the "issues" you are running into.
        I have been using the bufexplorer plugin for over a year and haven't noticed any issues.

        Are you seeing a particular error message displayed?  It would be great to get the exact text displayed.

        Also, lets get a few particulars:
        1.  dbext version
        2.  bufexploer version
        3.  :ver output
        4.  What platform you are running on
        5.  Console vs GUI Vim
        6.  dbext database type you are connected to (or output from :DBGetOption)

        You can email me directly if you would like.

        David
        (I am the maintainer of dbext)