Re: vim voldmarker with a space

  • ping
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 11 12:42 PM
      sure, sorry, and thanks!

      regards
      ping

      On 03/09/2013 06:14 PM, Ben Fritz wrote:
      > On Friday, March 8, 2013 7:13:53 PM UTC-6, ping wrote:

      >>> You just need to escape the space:
      >>> :set foldmethod=marker foldmarker=\ {,}
      >>> which you can read about at
      >>> :help option-backslash
      >>> Alternatively, you can use the "let" format:
      >>> :let &fdm=' {,}'
      >>> -tim
      >> this really works! thanks!
      >>

      >> regards
      >>
      >> ping
      > Ping, I see from this final post that your mail reader is capable of using plaintext instead of some HUGE font size HTML formatted monospace font. Do you think you could start doing that for your initial posts as well?

    • ping
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 14 10:48 AM
        On 03/08/2013 06:03 PM, Tim Chase wrote:
        > On 2013-03-08 17:01, Tim Chase wrote:
        >>> :set foldmarker= {,}
        >>
        >> :let &fdm=' {,}'
        >
        > And of course I mean
        >
        > :let &foldmarker=' {,}'
        >
        > here, not &fdm (which is 'foldmethod')
        >
        > -tim

        to continue this topic, so I ran into following text

        event-options {
        policy COMMIT_TRAP {
        events ui_commit;
        attributes-match {
        "^([vz][0-9]{6}|abc)$";
        }
        then {
        raise-trap;
        }
        }
        event-script {
        file
        }
        }

        after folding using the previous solution, I now can fold it as:

        +-- 10 lines: event-options
        +-- 3 lines: event-script
        } <--one extra line here

        so apparently that extra '}" in the line
        "^([vz][0-9]{6}|abc)$";
        is the culprit.

        I hope I can simply do:

        :set foldmarker=\ {,}$

        so the intention is , using }, but only if it's the last char in the
        line, as the marker....

        but according to help foldmarker, it doesn't support regex.
        so that doesn't work.

        I guess there is no good way to achieve that goal?

        thanks!

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 14 12:51 PM
          On Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:48:09 PM UTC-5, ping wrote:

          > I hope I can simply do:
          >

          > :set foldmarker=\ {,}$
          >

          > so the intention is , using }, but only if it's the last char in the
          >
          > line, as the marker....
          >

          > but according to help foldmarker, it doesn't support regex.
          >
          > so that doesn't work.
          >

          > I guess there is no good way to achieve that goal?

          I think the only way to achieve this is to use a different foldmethod.