Re: problems setting up makeprg and makeef

  • Ben Fritz
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 7, 2013
      On Thursday, March 7, 2013 12:51:46 PM UTC-6, Gary Johnson wrote:
      > On 2013-03-07, FlashBurn wrote:
      >
      > > shell returned2
      >
      > > E303: Unable to open swap file for "and Settings\user\Projects\MyProject\trunk\src\myfile.c
      >
      > > "and Settings\user\Projects\MyProject\trunk\src\myfile.c,60 Error"[New DIRECTORY]
      >

      > > Does anybody know what is going on and how I can fix it? Any help
      >
      > > is appreciated.
      >

      > This looks like a problem with your 'errorformat'. The compiler
      >
      > found an error at line 60 of myfile.c, but your 'errorformat' is
      >
      > incorrectly parsing that message so that Vim tries to jump to an
      >
      > error in a file named
      >
      > "and Settings\user\Projects\MyProject\trunk\src\myfile.c,60 Error".

      I agree, but I think getting the "cd" command correct might actually fix this problem, because possibly the OP's make program will not output the full path if it's already running from a directory within that path. But that might be wishful thinking on my part.

      Note that E303 can be caused on Windows 7 because Vim looks in C:\Temp and C:\TMP rather than $TEMP and $TMP for swap files by default; you can fix this by modifying your 'directory' option. But, Vim will still be looking in the wrong location for the file itself. And, Windows 7 has "C:\Users\blah" instead of "C:\Documents and Settings\blah" so it's not as likely to be the cause in this case.