Re: Vim as Python IDE

  • Benjamin Klein
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2013
      On Jan 12, 2013, at 2:02 AM, Zippermeyer <wsullivan21@...> wrote:

      I would like to know what´s the best way to turn Vim into a Python IDE on Windows 7

      There seems to be more written on Vim as a Python IDE than on Vim as an IDE for anything else. I do not use Python, and this is about four years old, but nonetheless, another link:

    • David Halter
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 6 8:13 AM

        2013/3/6 <tucky.kong@...>
        On Friday, January 18, 2013 10:09:19 PM UTC+1, David Halter wrote:

        > The IDE features are better than those of python-mode, but python-mode
        >
        > offers other additional features. They work side by side. Just disable
        >
        > the rope features of python-mode.

        How do you disable those features?

        I'm not a python-mode user, but it's documented somewhere. I think you just need to disable rope auto-completion.

        Do you lose the rope refactoring utilities?

        No you don't (as long as you don't mess up the setting).

        ~ David