Re: Vim as Python IDE

  • tucky.kong@...
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 6, 2013
      On Friday, January 18, 2013 10:09:19 PM UTC+1, David Halter wrote:

      > The IDE features are better than those of python-mode, but python-mode
      >
      > offers other additional features. They work side by side. Just disable
      >
      > the rope features of python-mode.

      How do you disable those features?
      Do you lose the rope refactoring utilities?

    • Benjamin Klein
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 6, 2013
        On Jan 12, 2013, at 2:02 AM, Zippermeyer <wsullivan21@...> wrote:

        I would like to know what´s the best way to turn Vim into a Python IDE on Windows 7

        There seems to be more written on Vim as a Python IDE than on Vim as an IDE for anything else. I do not use Python, and this is about four years old, but nonetheless, another link:

      • David Halter
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 6, 2013

          2013/3/6 <tucky.kong@...>
          On Friday, January 18, 2013 10:09:19 PM UTC+1, David Halter wrote:

          > The IDE features are better than those of python-mode, but python-mode
          >
          > offers other additional features. They work side by side. Just disable
          >
          > the rope features of python-mode.

          How do you disable those features?

          I'm not a python-mode user, but it's documented somewhere. I think you just need to disable rope auto-completion.

          Do you lose the rope refactoring utilities?

          No you don't (as long as you don't mess up the setting).

          ~ David