Re: groovy syntax patch

  • Bram Moolenaar
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
      Miles Zarathustra wrote:

      > The following patch will enable correct highlighting of triple quote,
      > triple double-quote and "x is $x"
      >

      > The author of the patch lists an email address that is unresponsive,
      > and since nobody else can upload a patch, now what? There may be
      > other improvements, but these are pretty glaring.

      Did you forward this to the Groovy syntax file maintainer, Tobias Rapp?

      > NOTE: very long lines below, which may get screwed up if the site
      > wraps them. I also will attempt to upload a file with the patch.

      Can you make this a context diff?

      14. You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"

    • Miles Zarathustra
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
        Thanks for getting back.

        Vim is awesome, by the way.  I use it all the time.

        If you give me Tobias Rapp's email, I would be glad to forward it.  I can turn on -c  (but I'm not connected to that network right now)

         -= miles =-

        On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

        Miles Zarathustra wrote:

        > The following patch will enable correct highlighting of triple quote,
        > triple double-quote and "x is $x"
        >

        > The author of the patch lists an email address that is unresponsive,
        > and since nobody else can upload a patch, now what?  There may be
        > other improvements, but these are pretty glaring.

        Did you forward this to the Groovy syntax file maintainer, Tobias Rapp?

        > NOTE: very long lines below, which may get screwed up if the site
        > wraps them.  I also will attempt to upload a file with the patch.

        Can you make this a context diff?

        14. You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"

         /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
        ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
        \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
         \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///

      • Bram Moolenaar
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
          Miles Zarathustra wrote:

          > Thanks for getting back.
          >
          > Vim is awesome, by the way. I use it all the time.
          >
          > If you give me Tobias Rapp's email, I would be glad to forward it. I can
          > turn on -c (but I'm not connected to that network right now)

          It's in the syntax file header:
          " Maintainer: Tobias Rapp <yahuxo@...>
          If that doesn't work I have another one.

          --
          When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or
          a half loop?

        • Miles Zarathustra
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
            Hi Tobias,

            I made some improvements to the groovy syntax highlighting, but the original author lists an email addr that no longer works.

            Bram Moolenaar suggested sending you a context diff, so here it is.
            This enables """ and ''', and also "x is $x"

            Thanks,
              -= miles =-

            $ diff -c /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim.orig /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim
            *** /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim.orig Fri Mar  1 15:23:43 2013
            --- /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim      Fri Mar  1 15:53:53 2013
            ***************
            *** 248,255 ****
              syn match   groovySpecialChar      contained "\\\([4-9]\d\|[0-3]\d\d\|[\"\\'ntbrf]\|u\x\{4\}\)"
              syn region  groovyString          start=+"+ end=+"+ end=+$+ contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr
              syn region  groovyString          start=+'+ end=+'+ end=+$+ contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr
              " syn region groovyELExpr start=+${+ end=+}+ keepend contained
            !  syn match groovyELExpr /\${.\{-}}/ contained
              GroovyHiLink groovyELExpr Identifier

              " TODO: better matching. I am waiting to understand how it really works in groovy
            --- 248,260 ----
            + syn region  groovyString          start='"""' end='"""' fold contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr
            +
              " syn region groovyELExpr start=+${+ end=+}+ keepend contained
            ! syn match groovyELExpr /\${.\{-}}/ contained
            ! syn match groovyELExpr /\$[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z.]*/ contained
            !