groovy syntax patch

  • Miles Zarathustra
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2013
      The following patch will enable correct highlighting of triple quote, triple double-quote and "x is $x"

      The author of the patch lists an email address that is unresponsive, and since nobody else can upload a patch, now what? There may be other improvements, but these are pretty glaring.

      NOTE: very long lines below, which may get screwed up if the site wraps them. I also will attempt to upload a file with the patch.

      # diff groovy.vim.orig groovy.vim
      250a251,253
      > syn region groovyString start='"""' end='"""' fold contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr
      > syn region groovyString start="'''" end="'''" fold contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr

      252c255,257
      < syn match groovyELExpr /\${.\{-}}/ contained
      ---
      > syn match groovyELExpr /\${.\{-}}/ contained
      > syn match groovyELExpr /\$[a-zA-Z][a-zA-Z.]*/ contained

      N.B. I added the above as a note to the groovy syntax page:
      http://vim.wikia.com/wiki/Script:945

      You may want to remove it if you apply the patch.

      It is quite frustrating to figure out where to submit this patch, so I hope this works.

      Thanks,
      -= miles =-

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
        Miles Zarathustra wrote:

        > The following patch will enable correct highlighting of triple quote,
        > triple double-quote and "x is $x"
        >

        > The author of the patch lists an email address that is unresponsive,
        > and since nobody else can upload a patch, now what? There may be
        > other improvements, but these are pretty glaring.

        Did you forward this to the Groovy syntax file maintainer, Tobias Rapp?

        > NOTE: very long lines below, which may get screwed up if the site
        > wraps them. I also will attempt to upload a file with the patch.

        Can you make this a context diff?

        14. You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"

      • Miles Zarathustra
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
          Thanks for getting back.

          Vim is awesome, by the way.  I use it all the time.

          If you give me Tobias Rapp's email, I would be glad to forward it.  I can turn on -c  (but I'm not connected to that network right now)

           -= miles =-

          On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 4:34 AM, Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> wrote:

          Miles Zarathustra wrote:

          > The following patch will enable correct highlighting of triple quote,
          > triple double-quote and "x is $x"
          >

          > The author of the patch lists an email address that is unresponsive,
          > and since nobody else can upload a patch, now what?  There may be
          > other improvements, but these are pretty glaring.

          Did you forward this to the Groovy syntax file maintainer, Tobias Rapp?

          > NOTE: very long lines below, which may get screwed up if the site
          > wraps them.  I also will attempt to upload a file with the patch.

          Can you make this a context diff?

          14. You start introducing yourself as "Jim at I-I-Net dot net dot au"

           /// Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@... -- http://www.Moolenaar.net   \\\
          ///        sponsor Vim, vote for features -- http://www.Vim.org/sponsor/ \\\
          \\\  an exciting new programming language -- http://www.Zimbu.org        ///
           \\\            help me help AIDS victims -- http://ICCF-Holland.org    ///

        • Bram Moolenaar
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
            Miles Zarathustra wrote:

            > Thanks for getting back.
            >
            > Vim is awesome, by the way. I use it all the time.
            >
            > If you give me Tobias Rapp's email, I would be glad to forward it. I can
            > turn on -c (but I'm not connected to that network right now)

            It's in the syntax file header:
            " Maintainer: Tobias Rapp <yahuxo@...>
            If that doesn't work I have another one.

            --
            When a fly lands on the ceiling, does it do a half roll or
            a half loop?

          • Miles Zarathustra
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 2, 2013
              Hi Tobias,

              I made some improvements to the groovy syntax highlighting, but the original author lists an email addr that no longer works.

              Bram Moolenaar suggested sending you a context diff, so here it is.
              This enables """ and ''', and also "x is $x"

              Thanks,
                -= miles =-

              $ diff -c /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim.orig /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim
              *** /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim.orig Fri Mar  1 15:23:43 2013
              --- /usr/share/vim/vim73/syntax/groovy.vim      Fri Mar  1 15:53:53 2013
              ***************
              *** 248,255 ****
                syn match   groovySpecialChar      contained "\\\([4-9]\d\|[0-3]\d\d\|[\"\\'ntbrf]\|u\x\{4\}\)"
                syn region  groovyString          start=+"+ end=+"+ end=+$+ contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr
                syn region  groovyString          start=+'+ end=+'+ end=+$+ contains=groovySpecialChar,groovySpecialError,@Spell,groovyELExpr
                " syn region groovyELExpr start=+${+ end=+}+ keepend contained
              !  syn match groovyELExpr /\${.\{-}}/ contained
                GroovyHiLink groovyELExpr Identifier

                " TODO: better matching. I am waiting to understand how it really works in groovy
              --- 248,260 ----
              +
              !