netrw: unmark target directory for copy/move

  • Paul
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013
      In netrw, is there a way to unmark a targe directory for copy/move?
      The display of the target directory is taking up valuable real estate
      on the screen. Thanks.

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013
        Paul wrote:
        > In netrw, is there a way to unmark a targe directory for copy/move?
        > The display of the target directory is taking up valuable real estate
        > on the screen. Thanks.

        Try v147g of netrw from my website:
        http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW .

        Seems to be something I'd overlooked. The method now:

        mt in the banner sets the target directory to the current window's
        current directory
        Unless it already is the target directory, in which case the
        target is removed.

        Regards,
        Chip Campbell

      • Paul
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 28, 2013
          On Feb 28, 3:58 pm, Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campb...@...>
          wrote:
          > Paul wrote:
          >> In netrw, is there a way to unmark a targe directory for copy/move?
          >> The display of the target directory is taking up valuable real
          >> estate on the screen. Thanks.
          >
          > Try v147g of netrw from my
          > website:http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#NETRW.
          >
          > Seems to be something I'd overlooked. The method now:
          >
          > mt in the banner sets the target directory to the current window's
          > current directory
          >
          > Unless it already is the target directory, in which case the target
          > is removed.

          Thanks, Charles. I'm going to put this on my to-do list (my real one,
          which I do manage to chip away at) for the time being. Need to figure
          out this dropping in of new plugins.