php omnicompletion and ctags

  • Fernando Basso
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
      With a .php file on the buffer, ":set omnifunc?" says "omnifunc=phpcomplete#CompletePHP". With ctags, I can do :tag new_banner and it works. However, if I have $Banner (an object from the class Banner), doing $Banner->^x^o does nothing and just says "pattenrn not found". Shouldn't omnifunc use the information from the tags file to offer class/object sensitive completion?

      Thanks in advance.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
        On Sunday, February 24, 2013 10:25:09 AM UTC-6, Fernando Basso wrote:
        > With a .php file on the buffer, ":set omnifunc?" says "omnifunc=phpcomplete#CompletePHP". With ctags, I can do :tag new_banner and it works. However, if I have $Banner (an object from the class Banner), doing $Banner->^x^o does nothing and just says "pattenrn not found". Shouldn't omnifunc use the information from the tags file to offer class/object sensitive completion?
        >
        > Thanks in advance.

        From looking at :help ft-php-omni, I think that yes, it ought to.

        Does the Banner class appear in your tags file? Does it have any members? Perhaps your tags file is missing the required information and just needs to be regenerated. I'm not sure how PHP completion works, perhaps $Banner itself needs to be in the tags file?

      • Fernando Basso
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2013
          On Sunday, February 24, 2013 2:56:07 PM UTC-3, Ben Fritz wrote:

          > From looking at :help ft-php-omni, I think that yes, it ought to.
          >
          > Does the Banner class appear in your tags file? Does it have any members? Perhaps your tags file is missing the required information and just needs to be regenerated. I'm not sure how PHP completion works, perhaps $Banner itself needs to be in the tags file?

          I generate the tags file with "ctags -R --languages=php ." in the root of my application directory, and yes, the Banner class is showing up in the tags file. I didn't check if Banner was in the tags file, but anyway, I regenerated it and it seems to be working now. Thanks.