Example building 64 bit gvim/vim with perl support on Windows 7

  • Suresh Govindachar
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2013
      I used to build 32 bit Vim with perl support using mingw regularly, but stopped when I got 64 bit Windows 7 since my attempts at building a 64 bit version failed.

      Some hours ago, I got the latest vim sources using mercurial, and succeeded at building gvim and vim with support for 64 bit perl. The MinGW64 I used was:

      x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.6.3-2-release-win64_rubenvb.7z
      x86_64-w64-mingw32-mingw-w64-update-trunk-20130115_rubenvb.7z

      The following commands were issued from a .bat file that had the lines "@set USERNAME=<name>" and "@set USERDOMAIN=<doman>":

      c:\opt\mingw64\bin\mingw32-make.exe
      -f Make_ming.mak
      CPU=IA64
      ARCH=x86-64
      FEATURES=HUGE
      DEBUG=no
      GUI=no
      OLE=no
      STATIC_STDCPLUS=yes
      PERL=C:/opt/perl64
      PERL_VER=516
      CC="c:/opt/mingw64/bin/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc.exe"

      and a similar one with both GUI and OLE set to yes.

      --Suresh